Kerosene is a combustible hydrocarbon liquid used for lamps, cooking stoves, etc.. It is a common household oil in Nigeria . Also generated from crude, it is immiscible in water miscible in petroleum solvents.
It can also be used as aviation fuel, and as cooking and heating oil hence its name dual purpose kerosene. Kerosene is still the most popular cooking oil used in the country because it is relatively affordable and not highly combustible.
Profund Energy Resources Limited plans to supply Kerosene to homes, companies and individuals through its supply chain while ensuring it is unadulterated and the right quality.
Our kerosene conforms to the following specifications from the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR):
- Specific @ 60/60°F
- Distillation Recovered @ 200°C (%vol.)
- FBP (OC)
- Merchantable Odour
- Flash point (Abel, oF)
- Total sulphur (%wt)
- Copper corrosion (3hr @ 50 °C)
- Smoke point (mm) 22 (min.O)
- Char value (mg/k) 15
- Mixtures of kerosene vapour and air are explosive.
- Use normal foam and normal fire kit with breathing apparatus.
- Serious lung injury may occur if droplets of kerosene are inhaled e.g. if vomiting occurs after ingestion.
- Acute and chronic exposure to kerosene may cause irritability, restlessness, drowsiness, convulsions, coma and death.
- Irritating to eyes and skin.
- The most common health effect associated with prolonged kerosene exposure is dermatitis.
- Kerosene does not affect human reproduction or development.
- Kerosene is not considered to be carcinogenic to humans.
- Avoid release into the environment.
- Inform Environment Agency of substantial incidents.